and office building according to plans by Viktor Lampl and Otto Fuchs in the national decorative style of the 1920s. The oldest record of the development comes from 1408 as long as we leave aside the unwarranted specification of the record on a Jewish house from 1378 (this would correspond to the position of the lot on the border of the New Town Jewish cemetery). In 1867, the house was altered, and two stories were added according to plans by Franz Wolf. His alteration was based on the formerly older form of a two-aisled front wing (part of it with cellars with barrel vaults), a two-aisled right wing and one-aisled left one in which there was an oval classicist staircase. It seems that the alteration of a nine-axial façade with two symmetrical carriageways into the courtyard and a central entry into the shop consisted of adding historicizing plat-bands and a decorative frieze. Other minor alterations of the layout and renovation of the staircase were carried out in 1888 and 1901 according to plans by Josef Blecha. In 1922, architects Dr Lampl and Fuchs added three stories while the loadbearing and axial arrangement of masonry preserved the Classicist layout; a new left wing was added, and the rear wing was converted into two-aisled. The ground floor’s front and the rear façade changed following minor alterations of the layout carried out in 1935, 1936, 1940-48, 1961-62; the street façade remained unchanged. The five-storied façade of nine axes is dynamically structured into a grading middle part with pilaster strips and flat, horizontally divided areas of face brickwork at sides. The pyramidal composition – crowned by a faceted oval of the gable window into the attic – is carried by an entablature with a corbelled cornice supported by a line of fluted pilasters between windows on the first floor. Ideas of renowned architectural designs and built projects of the past decade and Neo-Classicist tendencies of the 1920s are implemented in the stepped arrangement of the façade (Kotěra’s trade pavilion, Gočár’s design of the addition to the Old Town Hall). A standard type of windows, unified over the entire front, complements polygonal jutting plinths in face brickwork. A timber entry gate with a king’s head is preserved on the modern ground floor. There are cellars with flat ceilings under the house with a four-aisle two-winged layout (except for the left courtyard wing). Entrance with a carriageway through the house is preserved on the ground floor with an adjacent staircase – a modern paraphrase of the Classicist state. Analogously, a side two-flight staircase was erected in the right courtyard wing in the place of the Classicist semi-oval. Except for the segment-vaulted rear wing, the carriageway, and the shop the rooms have flat ceilings. Common entry areas are a symbiosis of Art-Nouveau architecture (balustrade) and Functionalistic material (blue wall tiles in the carriageway). We reckon that the old building (east part) will be renovated and its layout partly altered to meet needs of a hotel (accommodation). Building technology will be completely modernised – services and lifts. The timber soffit from the first floor was professionally dismantled and restored. It will be reinstalled into the entry lobby on the ground floor. The renovation of the roof will include five new rooms built in the attic (single-pitch roof – copper). The two existing dormers in the roof to Jungmannova will be preserved. Roofing materials and colours will remain unchanged. The substandard courtyard wings will be altered. The staircases in the north and south part will be fully preserved; new wings (replicas) will be added to them following the same line of ascending to the new stories. For details – see the drawings. The courtyard façade of the east wing of the Jungmannova Bldg. facing the new internal atrium remains unchanged. New building This addition closes the site from Vladilsavova/Purkyňova. It is naturally connected to the Jungmannova Bldg. where there were the former salvaged staircases. The addition has a ground floor plus six aboveground stories. The added part containing guest rooms with a central corridor is oriented to the east establishing an atrium between the old and the new building, and to the west facing Vladislavova/Purkyňova; it closes the site providing views to Vladislavova. The new building’s stories in this west wing are cantilevered starting on the first floor and partially step back in plans and sections; they adapt this way to the existing volumes of adjacent buildings in Purkyňova. The stepping back of cantilevers results from the technical study of daylighting and distances from other buildings. The new building has a flat roof, and the parapet is on the elevation +22.35 m, which is the height of the adjacent house. The roof ridge of the preserved old building oriented to Jungmannova is on the former relative level +27.00 m. Façades The project preserves the street facade including the elevation of the cornice, roof, dormers, and ridge. Minor modifications affect the ground floor that was not kept in its original state; windows will be made larger down to the floor here – this arrangement will allow better daylighting of the interior in the lobby and introduce the right atmosphere for the entrance to the building. The solid façade areas will be clad in a brushed stone veneer. The new addition’s façade to Vladislavova/Purkyňova is designed as three vertical cantilevered volumes of different depth individually covered with adjustable vertical shading jalousies. Facades will be reviewed and developed in detail during the following design stages. The larger part of the ground floor façade to Vladislavova/Purkyňova is glazed (coffee shop/bar). Much like this, the entire stepped-back façade on the sixth floor (breakfast room) is glazed.