The building is new – it is an extension to the existing school building in Prague-Troja. The old gymnasium formed a rather independent north wing of the school building dating from 1927-28. Although it will be first and foremost a school gym, its utilisation will be much wider. The building and its grounds were also conceived for commercial use including the possibility of housing social events of the Prague-Troja city district. The mass of the new building respects its surroundings – the height of the surrounding buildings, 5-m clearance from the boundaries of the sites, etc.), and corresponds to the mass of the existing school building, including the structuring by a horizontal line. The gymnasium building is slightly sunken into the ground to minimise the height of the new facility. A glazed connecting neck is a connection to the architectonically good-quality old building. This glass hall forms a clear-cut dividing line between the old and the new.